Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Dear Yogi or Yoga Teacher Training student as you prepare for your journey to India, some questions may arise. In this section, we have answered the most common questions for you.
Yes, you need a visa! The visa category is called E-Tourist Visa. Everyone needs a visa to enter India, no matter where you are from!
The best way is to apply for a short-term Tourist E-Visa (ETA) that takes around 72 hours and costs approximately 40 USD.
We recently published a blog post where we explained the step-by-step e-visa applications process here. Its very simple and easy.
You can avoid high visa agency fees by clicking on the direct government visa link. This is the original and official ETA E-Visa Service of India.
Please make sure to double check your name spelling, passport number and details. If by chance, some details are typed wrong, you will not be allowed to board your plane!
There are no COVID rules or requirements to follow at the moment.
You do not need any vaccination or test to enter India.
Please make sure to update and inform yourself just before your departure again and check in with your airline to make sure you are prepared.
Here is a packing list for you with the most important items:
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, paste, soap, shampoo, comb, lotion etc.)
- Comfortable shoes (normal everyday walking shoes)
- Flip flops (easy to remove)
- Phone (with an alarm) & Charger
- Ear Plugs in case of Shared Room
- Sun Creme
- A water bottle which you can re-fill everyday
- Comfortable yoga clothes (T-Shirts, Leggings or loose trousers)
- A white outfit for the Welcoming Fire Ceremony
- A hat/cap to protect your head from the sun
- Yoga Mat Cleaning Spray (if required)
- A light shawl to cover your shoulders when you walk outside
- A scratch book and pen to take notes and for assignments (or laptop)
- Mosquito Spray (Between July and October) and basic medicines (anti-fever, anti-diarrhoea, anti-cold)
- Umbrella (only between July and August)
- Hair dryer (only needed between November and February)
- Small towel for your hands/face during yoga practice (during summer months)
- Between November and February, you should bring warmer clothes including long sleeves, jacket, socks and hat.
What to keep in mind when packing:
Please dress respectfully to the Indian culture and avoid wearing bikinis, shorts and belly-free tops at all. You should always cover your knees and shoulders as you are living in an ashram. T Shirts, Leggings or loose trousers are fine!
We provide bed linen, pillows, blanket and towels for you, so no need to pack those! We also provide a pair of new ashram flip flops for you to wear as “home-slippers”.
- Our Yoga Teacher Training programs start always on the first of a month except for January (start date: 6th January)
- Make sure to book your flight, so you will arrive one day before course start (31st).
- We will have an information and welcoming round at 7:00PM (Yoga Hall), the day before course start.
- The night before course start is included already.
- Book your flight to Dehradun Airport.
- From Dehradun Airport, we will send you a driver who will pick you up and bring you to us. He has your name on a paper sign so you will see him easily at the exit
- This pick-up service is free of charge for you on the official check in day.
- Please send us your exact arrival time, flight number and airline name at least two weeks prior course begin.
- If you arrive one or two days earlier, you have to organize your own taxi to Rishikesh and book accommodation extra.
- The 200 Hour course ends with a graduation ceremony on the 18th at 5PM. After that, we will enjoy a nice dinner together
- The departure day is the 19th after breakfast (from 8:00AM)
- The 300 Hour YTT ends on the 21st at 7PM (Check out 22nd until 10AM)
- In case you wish to check in/out a day earlier/later, please inquire for availability first.
No, you don’t need any specific vaccines to come to Rishikesh. Rishikesh lies very high and we do not have any preventable diseases here.
- Please prepare to wear a white outfit on the Welcoming Fire Ceremony on the first day.
- We recommend to pack lightly (domestic flight baggage limit is 15 kg)
- You will be given a new yoga mat and a school T-Shirt one day before course start.
- Please inform us about any flight changes, delays or cancelations immediately
- We value kindness, respect and tolerance towards any individual and ethnicity
- Please be aware that Gyan Yog Breath does not cover any of your medical bills so inform yourself about Travel Health Insurance
- If you have any further questions, we are happy to assist you 24/7. You can send us an e-mail to email@example.com or call us at +919870992911
- Yes you may book extra nights according to our availability.
- The earliest possible check in will be 2 days before course start and the latest possible check out 2 days after course end if availability allows.
- Some of our students like to bring their partner or friend/family member who doesn’t join the program.
- In this case, please check with us if there is availability in the same or another room.
- About the fees: The fee for additional days/nights is 40 USD per night per person in twin shared accommodation including all meals (vegan or vegetarian) or 50 USD per night per person in private accommodation including all meals.
Yes you can do laundry through an external laundry servicer who comes to our ashram every two days.
The charges for laundry service are ₹25 (0.3 USD) per piece.
The laundry comes back washed and folded within 1-2 days.
Book Your Seat Now
Early Bird 400$ Discount A Limited time
Begin your transformational Yoga Teacher Training journey with Gyan Yog Breath - Apply today and receive your Early Bird Discount of up to 400 USD