Meaning of Gyan Yog Breath
To understand the meaning of Gyan Yog Breath Yoga School, we will take a closer look at its name: GYAN YOG BREATH.
Gyan is a Sanskrit word and means inner wisdom. Yog is the origin of the word Yoga, yoga means unity and oneness, Breath refers to our breath.
The breath is our most powerful tool. As we breathe in, we supply our body and internal organs with oxygen. As we exhale, we release carbon dioxide from our body.
In yoga, the right breath is the key to a healthy and happy life. If you breathe properly through yogic tools like pranayama and Power of Transformation Breathing, you can reach GYAN (inner wisdom) easily.
If we combine yogic wisdom (GYAN) with the right BREATH, we reach unity, oneness (YOG).
An intense Yoga teacher Training or Yoga Retreat can help you to receive life-changing and long-lasting benefits.
Are you ready to join our Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh
About Gyan Yog Breath
We are a peaceful, lively and modern yoga teacher training school in Rishikesh, India that combines Western standard accommodation with ancient, traditional yoga practices and teaching methodology. Besides our monthly residential yoga teacher training courses, we also offer comprehensive Online Yoga Teacher Training courses (Yoga Alliance USA, 200 and 300 Hours) that can be started at any time.
As a team of 10 Indian and international yoga instructors, we aim to provide the most professional, satisfying and grounding environment possible.
Our mission is to guide yoga teacher training students from all over the world and prepare them to become confident and happy individuals who are able to share their knowledge with others.
We differentiate ourselves from other yoga schools through a multi-lingual, well-qualified team of yoga instructors, doctors, and management, whose goal it is to spread the power of yoga, love, and peace to the whole world. Through a decade of teaching experience at our own yoga teacher training, we have created a safe and holistic space for personal growth and healing.
Our school (Gyan Yog Breath) was founded in 2008 to share the yogic wisdom with yoga aspirants and remove worldly sufferings through Emotional Blockage® Treatment and Power of Transformation Breathing.
Since 2009 Gyan Yog Breath is a registered Non-Profit Trust under the Government of India.
All yoga teacher training at Gyan Yog Breath are registered and accredited by Yoga Alliance USA. Registered as an RYT 200, 300 or 500, you get the chance to teach yoga on an international level without any restrictions.
There many yoga schools and programs to choose from, however, it is the familiar, Indian-Western approach that attracts students from all over the world to Gyan Yog Breath.
Since being founded in 2008, the non-profit organization located in the World Capital of Yoga: Rishikesh. Surrounded by Himalayan mountains and Ganges river, Gyan Yog Breath provides an optimum space for a professional, residential Yoga Teacher Training.
We truly believe that yoga is a gift to each and every human being.
A regular practice is the perfect escape of a stressful and hectic life. At Gyan Yog Breath, we want to make the benefits of this holistic science accessible to the whole world. We also believe that Rishikesh, as the birthplace of yoga, has a very special vibration and purpose: to be the primary most supportive location to spread the original and ancient essence of yoga.
Yoga does not end inside a yoga hall or studio, it leads to personal revelation, unique evolutions and individual transformation. At Gyan Yog Breath we encourage you to uncover the multiple layers of yourself and yoga. Therefore, we promise you to guide you all along the way! We are very conscious of this responsibility and make sincere efforts to share yoga its its ancient and authentic nature. With compassion, understanding and sensitivity, we are ready to support you and watch you integrate peace and calmness into your life and being.
Accommodation & Facilities
- Our Ashram is located in Visthapit Residency Area, the peaceful and quiet area of Rishikesh surrounded by national park and Ganges river
- We have two roof top Yoga Halls (with Air Conditioning) with a beautiful panorama view
- Our spacious terrace is equipped with chairs, tables, a hang-out area and plants
- Our restaurant is located on the top floor and provides comfortable (AC) sitting space with glass windows all around
- Our ashram was constructed in 2018-2019
- On Saturdays, our roof top hang-out area turns into an open-air movie theatre
- We provide 20 comfortable single and twin shared rooms with attached bathroom and hot water. All rooms have an attached balcony or terrace as well.
- Our ashram offers laundry services
- We have a library/sitting space at the ground level where you can study, connect to WIFI or read a book
- The little garden on our property contains various plants (Aloe Vera, Calendula, Chili, Corn, Egg Plant & More), a little hut and badminton net. Here you can also enjoy the sun, study or relax